Name: Angelo Marcello
Date of birth:3rd January 1948
Place of birth:Santa Maria di Licodia (Catania), Italy
Home address: Via F.lli Bandiera n.79, 95030 Gravina di Catania (Catania), Italy
Status: married, three children
Present position: Full professor of Applied Mathematics in the University of Catania.
Languages spoken and read: English, French
Fields of interest
first phase: mathematical models for astrophysics, mainly relativistic fluids and plasmas.
second phase: non linear wave propagation with applications to plasmas.
third phase: mathematical models for carrier transport in semiconductor devices. Industrial mathematics. Also, methods for fuzzy arithmetic for sensitivity analysis
1966-70: student in the Faculty of Mathematics of Pisa University and at the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa;
1970, November 9: Degree awarded cum laude in Mathematics from the University of Pisa and from the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa;
1970-73: research student in the Mathematical Institute and the Astrophysics Department of Oxford University, working under the supervision of Professor D.W.Sciama;
1973, November: Thesis submitted for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Oxford University), entitled “Geometrical Optics and Radiative Transfer in Irregular Universes”;
1974, March 22: Passed the viva voce examination by Professor M.J.Rees and Professor R.Penrose;
1974, August 3: Degree of “Doctor of Philosophy” officially awarded in Oxford
Membership in Professional Societies
The Italian Mathematical Society.
The Italian Association for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics.
The International Society for General Relativity and Gravitation.
The Society for the Applications of Mathematics to Mechanics .
The Italian Society for Mathematics applied to industry
The Society for Industrial Applications of Mathematics (SIAM).
Member of the Scientific Programme Committee for the ICIAM 99 (International Conference on Industrial and Applied Mathematics), held in Edinburgh in 1999.
Since June 1998 member of the Scientific Council of E.C.M.I (European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry).
Member of the Editorial Board of MECCANICA
Member of the Editorial Board of CONTINUUM MECHANICS AND THERMODYNAMICS
Form 1976-1978, assistant professor of Theoretical mechanics,University of Calabria, Italy.
From 1978-1980, associate professor of Applied Mathematics, University of Catania.
From 1980, Full Professor of Applied Mathematics, University of Catania. Has taught several courses in:Calculus, Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Astronomy, Mathematical Physics, in the Universities of Calabria and Catania.
Has taught an advanced course on General Relativity in the Institute for Advanced Mathematics “F.Severi”(Rome) in the period February-May 1985.
Presently “Professore ordinario” (full professor) in Applied Mathematics in the University of Catania.
1st meeting on “Waves and Stability in Continuous Media”, Catania, November 1981
5th meeting of the Italian Society for Relativity,Catania, September 1982
2nd meeting on “Waves and Stability in Continuous Media”, Cosenza, June 1983.
C.I.M.E. Course on “Relativistic Fluid Dynamics”, Noto, 1987;
NATO -ASI on “Non linear evolution and chaos”, Noto 1987;
University of Catania-University of Kaiserslautern Workshop on”Mathematical Aspects of Monte Carlo Methods and Applications”, Catania 8-11 November 1993
C.I.M.E Course on Mathematical problems in semiconductor physics, (jointly with P.Markowich), Cetraro, July 1998
Invited General Lectures at Meetings and Converences
Lecture given at the Meeting “Mathematical Methods in the Dynamics of Fluids and Ionized Gases”, Trieste, September 1981
Lecture given at the Meeting “Mathematical Methods in the Dynamics of Fluids and Ionized Gases”, Trieste, June 1982
Lecture given at the Journees Relativistes, Turin, May 1983
Lecture given at the “10th International Conference on General Relativity “,Padova,1983;
Lecture given at the 2nd International Workshop on Mathematical Aspects of Fluid and Plasma Dynamics, University of Paris -Orsay, June 24-28, 1985
Lecture given at the SIMM Sympossium on “Kinetic Theory and Extended Thermodynamics”, Bologna, 19-24 May 1987.
Lecture given at the 3nd International Workshop on Mathematical Aspects of Fluid and Plasma Dynamics, University of Pavia, Salice Terme, 1988.
Lecture given at the Journees Relativistes, Tours,1989.
Lecture given at the Euromech Colloquium 270 “Non linear Waves Governed by Hyperbolic Dissipative Models”, Reggio Calabria 25-28/9/1990.
Lecture given at the National Meeting of U.M.I. (Italian Mathematical Union), Catania, 1991
Lecture given at the Sciama Festschrift ” The Renaissance of General Relativity and Cosmology “, Trieste, April 1992
Lecture given at the International Conference on Hyperbolic Systems Taormina, April 1992
Lecture given at the Choquet-Bruhat Festschrift, ” Analyse, Varietes et Physique “, College de France, Paris, June 1992
Lecture given at the Conference on ” Waves and Stability in Continuous Media “, Bologna, October 1993
Lectures given at the Workshop on ” Mathematical Problems in Semiconductor Physics “, I.A.C.-CNR, Rome, December 1993
Lecture given at the Convegno AIMETA di Meccanica Computazionale Catania, May 1995
Lecture given at the Conference on “Waves and Stability in Continuous Media”, Palermo, October 1995
Lecture given at the Salvadori Festschrift, Lavico Terme, October 1995
Lecture given at the Workshop on “Applied Kinetic Theories”, Institute for Advanced Studies, Princeton, March 1995
Lecture given at the Oberwolfach Meeting on “Mathematical and Numerical simulation of plasmas and semiconductors”, May 1996
Lecture given at the SIMAI-GAMM Symposium, Pavia, June 1996
Lecture given at the Meeting 40% “Problemi non lineari…”,
Montecatini Terme, July 1996
Lecture given at the Conference on “Phase Transitions and Surface
Physics”, Berlin, Weierstrass Institute, September 1996
Lecture given at the Oberwolfach Meeting on “Thermodynamics of Fluids and Solids”, September 1996
Lectures given at the International School on Multivalued Logic, Ravello, September 1996.
Lecture given at the INCOWASCOM, Bari, october 1997
Lecture given at the workshop on Mathematical Aspects in Continuum Physics, Wahlen, December 1998
Lecture given at the International Conference on Theoretical Fluid dynamics, Lisbon, June 1999
Lecture given at the Summer School on Industrial Mathematics, Mathematical modeling of transport in semiconductors, Lisbon, june 1999.
Lecture given at the Oberwolfach Meeting on “Kinetic theories”, April 2001
Invited lecturer at the International Workshop on Computational Electronics, Urbana Illinois, october 2001
Lecture given at the Oberwolfach Meeting on “Numerical Simulation of Circuits and Devices”, November 2001
Lecture given at WASCOM, Cagliari, June 2003
Lecture given at MACSINET, Naples, September 2003
PARTICIPATION IN PH.D EXAMINING COMMITTEES AND REFEREE FOR FULL PROFESSOR APPOINTMENTS IN FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES
Member of the Italian National Examining Committee for Ph.D. thesis in Mathematical Physics, Rome, 1994.
Member of the examining Committee for a Ph.D thesis in Statistical Mechanics, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, July, 1997.
Member of the examining Committee for a Ph.D.thesis in Applied Mathematics, University of Kaiserslautern, August 1997.
Member of the examining Committee for a Ph.D.thesis in Applied Mathematics, University of Paris VI, at INRIA, October 1997.
Member of the examining Committee for a Habilitation thesis in Applied Mathematics, University of Toulouse, December 1997
Member of the examining Committee for a Ph.D.thesis in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Lyons, INSA December 1997.
Member of the examining Committee for a PhD thesis in Applied mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 1999.
Referee for chairs in Applied Mathematics, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, 2003
Referee for senior scientist position at the CRM, UAB, Barcelona, 2003.
Referee for a chair in Applied Mathematics, Lappeeranta University of Technology, Finland, 2003.
Apart from the research grants from the Italian Ministry of University (contracts 40% and 60%) has had almost continuously supplementary research grants from the CNR and from industrial collaborations.
Also has a research grant from the EU programme TMR, on symptotic methods in kinetic theories, with the Universities of Berlin (TU), Kaiserslautern, Orleans, Pavia, Toulouse, Granada, Gothenburg.
Recently obtained a research grant from the Italian Ministry of University (Research of National Intereset), jointly with a network led by Professor Cercignani (Kinetic Theories).
Visiting scientist, Oxford University for several terms (summer terms 1975, 1976, 1977,1984).
Visiting scientist, University of Cambridge, D.A.M.T.P, (summer terms 1978, 1979, 1996.)
Visiting professor in the University of Texas at Austin, in the fall term 1980.
Visiting professor, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, fall term 1985.
Visiting scientist, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, September 1987, September 1988.
Visiting scientist, the University of Alberta, Edmonton (Canada), June-July 1988.
Guest scientist at the USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow and Leningrad, Steklov Mathematical Institute, May 1989.
Visiting scientist, University of California, Davis, summer term 1992.
Visiting Professor at Queen’s University, Canada, summer term 1993, summer term 1995.
Visiting scientist at the IBM T.Watson Research Center, May 1993.
Visiting scientist at DAMTP, University of Cambridge, U.K., summer term 1996, summer term 1997,.summer term 1998.
Visiting scientist, Utexas, Austin, October 1999.
Visiting scientist, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, summers of 2000, 2001.
Visiting scientist, University of Karlsruhe, summer of 2002.
Lectures have been given in several Italian Universities and in the following foreign universities:
Paris (College de France and Observatoire de Meudon)
London (Queen Mary College)
The University of Texas at Austin
The Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences (NYU)
The University of Virginia ( Charlottesville)
The University of Alberta at Edmonton;
The University of Kaiserslautern;
The University of Moscow;
The University of Leningrad;
The Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Technische Universitat, Munich.
Technische Universitat, Berlin
Queen’s University, Kingston (CA)
T.J.Watson IBM Research Center, Yorktown Heights (NY)
The University of Arizona, Tucson
Weierstrass Institute, Berlin
University of Malta
Technische Universitat Darmstadt
The University of Augsburg
The University of Toulouse
The author is the leader of a research group in applied mathematics which has active collaboration with industry. In particular has had research contracts with the following companies:
i) A.I.D. ( Agriculture Industrial Development ) for applied mathematical and computational problems related to neural networks.
ii) Antech.spa for mathematical modeling of in several antenna problems.
ii) ST-microelectronics for mathematical modeling of semiconductor devices ( particularly transport in submicron devices and optimization for parameter extractions).
- A.M.Anile, “Relativistic Fluids and Magnetofluids”, Cambridge University Press, 1989
- A.M.Anile, J.Hunter, G.Russo & P.Pantano, ” Ray methods for non linear waves”, Pitman Monographs and Surveys in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Longman Scientific and Technical.,1993.
- A.M.Anile, W.Allegretto and C.Ringhofer, Mathematical problems in semiconductor physics, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, 2003.
- A.M.Anile, C.Fonte, G.Gallo, G.Conçalves, W.Lodwick, J.Dos Santos, S.Spinella, Fuzzy Surfaces in GIS and Geographical Analysis: Theory, Analytical Methods, Algorithms and Applications, Lodwick Lodwick, Weldon Lodwick Editors, CRC Press, December 2007.
A.M.Anile, V.Capasso, A.Greco, Progress in Industrial Mathematics at ECMI 2002, Springer, 2002
“Relativistic Fluid Dynamics”, jointly with Y.Choquet-Bruhat, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag,1989.
Articles on: “Cosmological Models”, “Doppler Effect”, “Relativistic Fluid Dynamics” in the Dizionario delle Scienze Fisiche, Enciclopedia Italiana, TRECCANI
List of Publications
Author of n. 113 publications in refereed journals and 3 books.
- A.M.Anile & B.Bertotti, “Gravitational slowing down of solid spinning bodies”, Astron.& Astrophys., 28, p.429-432, 1973.
- A.M.Anile & R.Breuer, “Gravitational Stokes parameters”, Astrophys.Journ., 189, p.39-49, 1974
- A.M.Anile, “Anisotropic expansion of the Universe and the anisotropy and linear polarisation of the cosmic microwave background”, Astrophys.& Space Scie., 29, p.415-426.
- A.M.Anile, “Mach’s Principle in Newtomnian cosmology”, Il Nuovo Cimento, 29B, p.31-38, 1975.
- A.M.Anile, “The algebraic behaviour of the Weyl tensor in the geometrical optics approximation”, Ann.Mat.Pura e Appl., CIX, p.357-369, 1976.
- A.M.Anile, “The behaviour of collisionless radiation in some simple cosmological models”, Il Nuovo Cimento, 33B, p.579-590, 1976.
- A.M.Anile, “Geometrical optics in general relativity: a study of higher order corrections”,J.Math.Phys., 17, p.576-584, 1976.
- A.M.Anile & S.Motta,”Perturbations of the general Robertson-Walker Universes and angular variations of the cosmic black-body radiation”, Astrophys.Journ., 207, p.685-692, 1976.
- A.M.Anile, L.Danese, G.De Zotti, S.Motta, “Cosmological turbulence reexamined”, Astrophys. Journ. Letters, 205, p.L59_63, 1976.
- A.M.Anile & S.Motta, “Vorticity perturbations and isotropy, of the cosmic microwave background radiation”, Astron.&Astrophys., 49, p.205-209, 1976.
- A.M.Anile & R.Breuer, “Polarization transport in anisotropic Universes”,Astrophys. Journ., 217PS, p.333-357, 1977.
- A.M.Anile & P.Pantano,”Geometrical optics in dispersive media”, Phys.Letters, 61A, p.215-218, 1977.
- A.M.Anile, “Nonlinear high-frequency waves in relativistic cosmology”, Rend.Acc.Naz.Lincei, Sc.Mat.Fis.Nat., VLXIII, p.375-384, 1977.
- A.M.Anile & S.Motta, “Long wavelength gravitational waves and the fine scale anisotropy of the cosmic microwave background”, Mon.Not.Royal Astr.Soc.,184, p.319-326,1978.
- A.M.Anile & V.Pirronello, “High-frequency gravitational waves in a dissipative fluid”, Il Nuovo Cimento, 48B, p.90-101, 1978.
- A.M.Anile & A.Greco, “Asymptotic waves and critical time in General Relativistic Magnetohydrodynamics”, Ann.Inst. Henri Poincare’, vol XXIX,p.257-272, 1978.
- A.M.Anile & P.Pantano, “Foundation of Geometrical Optics in General Relativistic dispersive media”, J.Math.Phys., 20, p.177-183, 1979.
- A.M.Anile & G.Moschetti, “Conservation laws for Geometrical Optics in General Relativistic Refractive Media”, Il Nuovo Cimento, 50B, p.194-198, 1979.
- A.M.Anile, G.Mulone & S.Pluchino, “Critical time for shock formation in radiative magnetogasdynamics”, Wave Motion, 1, p.163-175, 1979.
- A.M.Anile & A.Greco, “Shock formation and shock structure in the cosmological radiative era”, Lettere al Nuovo Cimento, 26, p.121-124, 1979.
- A.M.Anile & A.Greco, “Nonlinear wave propagation in a proton-electron plasma coupled with a strong radiation field”, Il Nuovo Cimento, 54B, p.307-324, 1979.
- A.M.Anile,J.C.Miller & S.Motta, “Damping of relativistic shocks in an expanding universe”, Lettere al Nuovo Cimento, 29, p.268-272, 1980.
- A.M.Anile, G.Mulone & S.Pluchino, “Critical time for asymptotic acoustic waves in a gravitational atmosphere”, Wave Motion, 2, p.267-275, 1980.
- A.M.Anile & A.Majorana, “Shock structure for heat conducting and viscid fluids”, Meccanica, 16, p.149-155,1981.
- A.M.Anile, “A geometric characterization of the compatibility relations for regularly discontinuous tensor fields”, Le Matematiche, vol XXXVII, p.106-119, 1982.
- A.M.Anile,J.C.Miller and S.Motta, “Formation and damping of relativistic strong shocks”, Phys.Fluids, 26, p.1450-1460, 1983.
- A.M.Anile, “Gravitational focussing of shock waves in general relativity”, Proceedings of Journees Relativistes 1983,S.Benenti,M.Ferraris & M.Francaviglia ed., Pitagora editrice Bologna,1985.
- 28) A.M.Anile & O.Muscato, “Simple waves in relativistic magnetofluiddynamics”, Lettere al Nuovo Cimento, 38, p.581-587, 1983.
- A.M.Anile & S.Pluchino, “Wave modes in non-local fluiddynamics”, Journ. Mecanique theo. appl., 3, p.167-177, 1984.
- 30) A.M.Anile & S.Pluchino, “Linear wave modes for dissipative fluids with rate type constitutive equations”, Meccanica, 19, p.104-109, 1984.
- 31) A.M.Anile, “Evolution of shock waves in relativistic continuum mechanics”, Ann.Inst.Henri Poincare, 40, p.371-387, 1984.
- 32) A.M.Anile, “Nonlinear wave propagation in relativistic hydrodynamics and cosmology”, in “General relativity and gravitation”, B.Bertotti et al. eds., p. 313-335, D.Reidel publishing, 1984.
- 33) A.M.Anile, “Propagation of weak shock waves”, Wave Motion, 6, p.571-578, 1984.
- 34) A.M.Anile & G.Russo, “A geometric theory for the propagation of weak shock waves”, in “Applications of mathematics in technology”, V.Boffi & H.Neunzert eds., p. 96-123, Teubner publishing, 1984.
- 35) A.M.Anile, “Relativistic shock waves”, in the Proceedings of the Workshop on Fluiddynamical approaches to the many body problem, Catania,1984, Il Nuovo Cimento 87, p.139-150,1985.
- 36) A.M.Anile & G.Russo, “Generalized wavefront expansion I.Higher order corrections for the propagation of weak shock waves”, Wave Motion, 8, p.243-258, 1986.
- A.M.Anile & G.Russo, “Corrugation stability for plane relativistic shock waves”,Phys.Fluids 29,p.2847-2852, 1986.
- A.M.Anile & S.Pennisi,”On the mathematical structure of test relativistic magnetofluiddynamics”,Ann.Inst.H.Poincare’,46, p.27-44, 1987.
- A.M.Anile & G.Russo, “Linear stability of relativistic shock waves”, Phys.Fluids 30, p.1045-1055,1987.
- G.Russo & A.M.Anile “Stability properties of relativistic shock waves: basic results”,Physics.Fluids,30, p.2046-2413,1987.
- A.Majorana & A.M.Anile,”Magnetoacoustic shock waves in a relativistic gas”,Phys.Fluids,30, p.3045-3049, 1987.
- A.M.Anile, G.Moschetti & O.I.Bogoyavlenski,”Some solutions of Einstein’s equations with shock waves”, J.Math.Physics,28,p.2942-2948,1988.
- A.M.Anile & G.Russo,” Generalized wavefront expansion II: the propagation of step shocks”, Wave Motion, 10, p.3-18, 1988.
- A.M.Anile & O.Muscato, “Magnetofluiddynamics simple waves in special relativity”,Ann.Inst.H.Poincare’,48,p.1-16, 1988.
- A.M.Anile & S.Pennisi, “Fluid Models for relativistic electron beams”, Continuum Mech. Thermodyn.,1, p.267-282, 1989.
- A.M.Anile & P.Carbonaro,”Weakly nonlinear waves in a cold relativistic plasma: a covariant approach”, Atti Sem.Mat.Fis. Univ. Modena,37, p.469, 1989.
- A.M.Anile & O.Muscato,” Small Larmor radius limit for a warm relativistic electron fluid”, Phys.Fluids,B1, p.996-1000, 1989.
- A.M.Anile,”Fluid models for relativistic warm plasmas”,in “Accretion Disks and Magnetic Fields in Astrophysics”,p.247-254,1989.
- A.M.Anile & S.Pennisi, “An improved relativistic warm plasma model”, in “Relativistic Fluid Dynamics”, A.M.Anile &Y.Choquet-Bruhat eds, Lecture Note mathematics, Springer-Verlag,1989.
- A.M.Anile & G.Russo, “Corrugation stability of magnetohydrodynamics shock waves”, in “Nonlinear Wave Motion”, A.Jeffrey ed., Longman Scientific and Techl, 1989.
- A.M.Anile & M.Sammartino,” Relativistic causality and dissipative fluids: a case from radiation hydrodynamics”,Journees Relativistes 1989, Annade Physique, 14,p.1-10, 1989.
- A.M.Anile, S.Pennisi & M.Sammartino, “A thermodynamical approach to Eddington factors”, J.Math.Phys, 32, p.544-550, 199153)
- S.Pennisi,A.M.Anile,”Fluid models for relativistic electron beams:an independent derivation”,Phys.Fluids B,34, 1091-1103,1991
- A.M.Anile & M.Sammartino, ” Moment method and entropy principle in radiative transfer “, in the Proceedings of the Euromech colloquium: Nonlinear waves governed by hyperbolic dissipative models, Longman Science Publisher, 1991.
- A.M.Anile & M.Sammartino,”Relativistic Radiation Hydrodynamics”, in “Evolutionary Phenomena in the Universe”, P.Giannone, F.Melchiorri, F.Occhionero eds., Editrice Compositori, Bologna, 1991
- A.M.Anile, S.Pennisi & M.Sammartino, “Covariant Radiation Hydrodynamics”, Ann.Inst.H.Poincare,56,p.49-74, 1992.
- A.M.Anile & V.Romano,”Covariant flux-limited diffusion theories”,Ap.J.,386, p.325-329, 1992
- A.M.Anile,”Causalita’ e fenomeni dissipativi in relativita’”, Bollettino U.M.I., 6-A, p.35-47, 1992
- A.M.Anile and S.Pennisi, “Thermodynamic derivation of the hydrodynamical model for charge transport in semiconductors”, Physical Review B, 46, p.20, 1992
- A.M.Anile and S.Pennisi, ” Constitutive equations for semiconductors: the Blotekjaer model revisited “,Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics, 4, 187, 1992
- A.M.Anile,” Modeling of relativistic plasmas”, Proceedings of the 1st Symposium on Plasma Dynamics: Theory and Applications, (M.Tessarotto ed.), University of Trieste, 1991
- A.M.Anile, S.Pennisi, M.Trovato “Extended Thermodynamics of Charge Carrier Transport in Semiconductors”, in “Nonlinear Hyperbolic Problems:Theoretical, Applied, and Computational Aspects”, A.Donato and F.Oliveri eds, Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, vol.43 (Vieweg, Braunschweig, 1993)
- A.M.Anile, V.Romano, “Relativistic radiation hydrodynamics: a covariant theory of flux limiters”, in “The Renaissance of General Relativity and Cosmology”, G.Ellis, A.Lanza &J.Miller, eds. Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- A.M.Anile, G.Ali & V,Romano, “Relativistic dissipative fluids”, in “Physics on Manifolds”, M.Flato, R.Kerner & A.Lichnerowicz eds., Mathematical Physics Studies vol.15, Kluwer Academic Publishers 1994.
- A.M.Anile, C.Maccora & R.M.Pidatella, “Simulation of n+ n n+devices by a hydrodynamical model: subsonic and supersonic flows”, COMPEL, 14, p.1, 1995
- Anile, A.M. & Muscato, O.,”Improved hydrodynamical model for carrier transport in semiconductors”, Physical review B, 51, p.1728, 1995
- A.M.Anile, C.Maccora, O.Muscato &R.M.Pidatella, Hydrodynamical models for semiconductors”,in Proceedings of the ECMI 94 Conference, Kaiserslautern, H.Neunzert ed.,Teubner publisher,1996.
- A.M.Anile, S.Deodato, G.Privitera, “Implementing Fuzzy Arithmetic”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 72, p.239, 1995
- A.M.Anile, “Thermodynamics of Electron Transport in Semiconductors”, in the Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Waves and Stability of Continuous Media, S.Rionero and T.Ruggeri eds., World Scientific, 1994.
- A.M.Anile and O.Muscato, “Extended thermodynamics tested beyond the linear regime: the case of electron transport in silicon semiconductors”,Continuum Mech.Thermdyn., 8, p.1, 1996.
- A.M.Anile and O.Muscato, thermodynamic framework for hydrodynamical models of carrier transport in semiconductors, Transport Theory and Statistical Physics, 25, 283, 1996.
- A.M.Anile and P.Vergari, nomalous heat transport in semiconductors within extended thermodynamics, in the Proceedings of the VIII International Conference on Waves and Stability in Continuous Media, Rendiconti del Circolo Matematico di Palermo, Suppl.45, p.53, (1996).
- A.M.Anile, Mathematical modeling of charge carrier transport in semiconductors:problems and perspectives in the Proceedings of the VIII International Conference on Waves and Stability in Continuous Media, Rendiconti del Circolo Matematico di Palermo, Suppl.45, p.27, (1996).
- A.M.Anile and O.Muscato, Extended thermodynamics in silicon diodes, in Facetten der thermodynamik, Proceedings of the Ingo Muller Festschrif, Institut fur Verfahrenstechnik der TU- Berlin, 1997.
- A.M.Anile and M.Trovato, Nonlinear closures for hydrodynamical semiconductor transport models, Phys.Letts. A, 230, 387-395, 1997.
- A.M.Anile, S.F.Liotta, “Hydrodynamics in electron devices”, Rendiconti del Circolo Matematico di Palermo, Suppl.57, p.17-26, (1997).
- A.M.Anile, O.Muscato, S.Rinaudo and P.Vergari, “Testing hydrodynamical models on the characteristics of a one-dimensional submicrometer structure”, Proceedings of the IV International Workshop on Computational Electronics, VLSI Design, 6, 155-160, 1998.
- A.M.Anile, V.Romano and G.Russo, Hyperbolic hydrodynamical model of carrier transport in semiconductors, Proceedings of the V International Workshop on Computational Electronics, VLSI Design, 8, 521-525, 1998.
- S.Rinaudo, A.M.Anile, F.Moschella & O.Muscato, “Controlled Random Search Parallel Algorithm for Global Optimization with Distributed Processes on Multndor CPUs”, in Progress in Industrial Mathematics at ECMI98, Arckeryd et al. Eds, p.271-278, Teubner Stuttgart, 1999.
- S.Rinaudo, F.Moschella & A.M.Anile, “Parallel Implementation in an Industrial Framework of Statistical Tolerancing Analysis in Microelectronics”, Proceedings of EUROPAR 99, Toulouse .
- A.M.Anile, V.Romano, “Non parabolic band transport in semiconductors: closure of the moment equations”, Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics, 11, 307-325, 1999.
- A.M.Anile, N.Nikiforakis, R.M.Pidatella, “FLIC scheme for the mumerical solution of semiconductor transport equations”, Equadiff 99, Springer, Berlin.
- A.M.Anile, M.Junk, V.Romano, G.Russo, “Cross-validation of numerical schemes for extended hydrodynamical models of semiconductors”, M3AS, 10, (2000), 833-861
- A.M.Anile, B.Falcidieno, G.Gallo, S.Spinello, M.Spagnuolo, “Uncertain data processing with fuzzy B-splines”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 113 (2000), 397-410
- A.M.Anile, V.Romano, G.Russo, “Extended hydrodynamical model of carrier transport in semiconductors”, SIAM J.Appl.Math., 11 (2000), 74-101
- A.M.Anile, V.Romano, “Hydrodynamical modeling of charge carrier transport in semiconductors”, Meccanica 35 (2000) 249-296
- A.M.Anile, N.Nikiforakis, R.M.Pidatella, “Assessment of a high resolution centred scheme for the solution of hydrodynamical semiconductor equations”, Siam J.Scientific Computing, 22 (2000), 1533-1548
- A.M.Anile, O.Muscato, V.Romano, Moment equations with maximum entropy closure for carrier transport in semiconductor devices: validation in bulk silicon. VLSI Design, 10:335-345, 2000.
- A.M.Anile, G.Gallo, “Fuzzy numbers for environmental impact assessment” Proceedings of the Conference “Sistema qualità, tutela ambientale e sviluppo economico”, Messina, 15-16 october 2001, vol.I, (CE.RI.QUA edr.), FOLIUM, supplement to n.3/2001, .49-70,2001
- A.M.Anile, J.A.Carrillo, I.M.Gamba, C-W Shu, pproximation of the BTE by a relaxation-time operator: simulations for a 50nm-channel Si Diode, VLSI Design, .1-7, 2001.
- A.M.Anile, S.F.Liotta, G.Mascali, “High field fluid dynamical models for the transport of charge carriers in semiconductors”, Physica A 297 (2001) 291-302
- A.M.Anile, G.Mascali, “Theoretical Foundations for Tail Electron Hydrodynamical Models in Semiconductors”, Applied Mathematics Letters 14 (2001), 245-252
- A.M.Anile, S.Hern, Two-valley hydrodynamical models for electron transport in Gallium Arsenide: simulation of Gunn oscillations, VLSI Design, 2002, 15, (2002), pp.681-693
- A.Plebe, A.M.Anile, neural-network-based approach to the double traveling salesman problem, Neural Computation 14, (2001), pp.437-471
- A.M.Anile, S.F.Liotta, G.Mascali, S.Rinaudo, Two dimensional MESFET simulation of transients and steady state with kinetic based hydrodynamical models, VLSI Design,13,(2001), pp.355-361
- A.Plebe, A.M.Anile, S.Rinaudo, Neural networks with higher level architecture for bipolar device modeling, in Progress in Industrial Mathematics at ECMI 2002, A.M.Anile, V.Capasso, A.Greco eds., Springer 2002, pp.252-257
- A.M.Anile, P.Furno, G.Gallo, A.Massolo, fuzzy approach to visibility map creaction over digital terrain, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 135,63-80,2003.
- AM.Anile., S.Spinella, S.Rinaudo, Stochastic response surface method and tolerance analysis in microelectronics, COMPEL, vol.22, (2003), pp. 314-327.
- A.M.Anile, S.Spinella, Modeling uncertain sparse data with fuzzy B-splines, to be published in Reliable computing, 2004.
- A.M.Anile, G.Mascali, V.Romano, Maximum Entropy Hydrodynamical model for GaAs Semiconductors with Simulations of electronic Devices in Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of integrated Circuits, Int. Series of Numerical Mathematics vol. 146, K. Antreich, R. Bulirsch, A. Gilg and P. Rentrop editors, 2003.
- G. Alì, A.M Anile, Moment equations for charged particles: global existence results, in “Modeling and Computational Methods for Kinetic Equations”, P. Degon editor, 2004
- A. M. Anile, S. Spinella, Modeling Uncertain Sparse Data with Fuzzy B-splines, Reliable Computing, 2004
- A.M. Anile, G. Mascali, Non-parabolic Tail Electron Hydrodynamical Model for Silicon Semiconductors, Scientific Computing in Electrical Engineering: Proceedings, 2004
- A. M. ANILE; V. CUTELLO; NICOSIA G.; R. RASCUNA’; S. SPINELLA. (2005). Comparison among Evolutionary Algorithms and Classical Optimization Methods for Circuit Design Problems. CEC 2005. Edinburgh, UK. September 2-5, 2005. PISCATAWAY. IEEE Press. 1. pp. 765-772. ISBN: 0-7803-9363-5. 10.1109/CEC.2005.1554760.
- A.M.ANILE; A.MARROCCO; ROMANO V.; J.M. SELLIER. (2005). 2D Numerical simulation of the MEP energy-transport model with a mixed finite elemnt scheme. JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL ELECTRONICS. Vol. 4. pp. 231-259. ISSN: 1569-8025.
- A.M. Anile, N. Nikiforakis, V. Romano, G. Russo, “Discretization of Semiconductor Device Problems II”, HANDBOOK OF NUMERICAL ANALYSIS, Volume XIII: Special Volume: Numerical Methods in Electromagnetics. Editor P.G. Ciarlet, guest Editors: W.H.A. Schilders, E.J.W. ter Maten. Elsevier 2005.
- ANILE A.M.; CUTELLO V; NICOSIA G; RASCUNA’ R; SPINELLA S. (2005). Comparison among Evolutionary Algorithms and Classical Optimization Methods for Circuit Design Problems. IEEE Press. EDIMBURG. 2-5 september. EDIMBURG. 1. pp. 765-772.
- ANILE A.M.; S.SPINELLA. (2005). Fuzzy Modeling of Sparse Data. In P.FISHER; EDITOR. Development in Spatial Data Handling. pp. 163-172. BERLIN. Springer. ISBN: 3-540-22610-9.
- ANILE A.M; CUTELLO V.; NICOSIA G; RASCUNA’ R; SPINELLA S. (2005). Comparison among Evolutionary Algorithms and Classical Optimization Methods for Circuit Design Problems. Proceedings. Edinburgh, UK. September 2-5, 2005. IEEE Press. 1. pp. 765-772.
- A. M. ANILE; CUTELLO V.; G. NARZISI; G. NICOSIA; S. SPINELLA. (2006). Lipschitzian pattern search and Immunological Algorithm with quasi-Newton method for the Protein Folding Problem: An innovative multistage approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3931. Vietri sul Mare (SA), Italy. 9-10 June, 2005. Springer Verlag. pp. 307-323.
- Anile, A.M.; Alì, G.; Mascali, G. (Eds.), “Scientific Computing in Electrical Engineering”. Series: Mathematics in Industry. Subseries: The European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry , Vol. 9. Springer 2006.
- ANILE A.M.; CUTELLO V; NARZISI G; NICOSIA G; SPINELLA S. (2006). Lipschitzian pattern search and Immunological Algorithm with quasi-Newton method for the Protein Folding Problem: An innovative multistage approach. Vietri sul Mare (SA), Italy. 9-10 June, 2005. BERLIN. Springer-Verlag, LNCS. 3931. pp. 307-323.
- E. Sciacca, S. Spinella, A. M. Anile. “Possibilistic Worst Case Distance and applications to circuit sizing”. Theoretical Advances and Applications of Fuzzy Logic and Soft Computing, ASC 42. pp. 287-295, 2007. Springer-Verlag