Blog Archives: admin
The program has been planned by Associazione Angelo Marcello Anile, with the cooperation of the cultural association Etnangeniousa.
The program will be run only if at least 40 persons have made a reservation.
A slide-show of the program is available at:
The Associazione Angelo Marcello Anile is pleased to invite you to a Satellite Event of the Ecmi2014 Conference, to be held in Taormina in the Hotel “Villa Diodoro”, on Sunday the 8th of June 2014, starting at 6 p.m.
The event will be focused on Marcello’s cultural heritage and will involve Marcello’s lifetime friends and students.
- Prof. Giovanni Russo – Ecmi2014 conference Co-Chair, will talk about Marcello’s legacy.
- Prof. Valerio Pirronello (Professor of Astrophysics, Università di Catania) member of the
- Board of Directors, will talk about the Associazione Angelo Marcello Anile, its scope and goals.
- Prof. Attilio Ferrari (Professor of Astrophysics, Università di Torino), member of the judging committee, will talk about the last edition of the Anile Prize, won by dr. Claudio Cremaschini.
- Dr. Claudio Cremaschini will give a speech on his achievements in Astrophysics and Mathematics titled “Kinetic equilibria and stability of collisionless plasmas”.
The President of the Associazione and one of the Plenary Speakers of the Ecmi2014 Conference will officially present the Anile Prize 2013 to dr. Claudio Cremaschini.
Call for Nominations
Anile-ECMI Prize for Mathematics in Industry
The Associazione Angelo Marcello Anile (AssoAma) and the European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry (ECMI) will award the Anile-ECMI Prize for Mathematics in Industry at the ECMI2014 Conference, to be held June 9-13, 2014 in Taormina, Italy.
The prize will be given to a young researcher for an excellent PhD theses in industrial mathematics, successfully submitted in a European University in 2012-2014.
Description of the Award
The award, honoring Professor Angelo Marcello Anile (1948-2007) of Catania, Italy, consists of a prize money of 2500 Euro and an invitation for a keynote talk at the ECMI 2014 conference.
Submission of Entries
A copy of the thesis should be sent as PDF-File to the address below to arrive by March 31st, 2014. The entry should be accompanied by a letter from the PhD supervisor which summarizes the mathematical and industrial relevance of the work. Please, use ANILE-ECMI Prize in the subject line of your e-mail. If the language of the thesis is not English, then it is necessary to send also an extended summary in English.
Entries should be sent to
Prof. Dr. W.H.A. (Wil) Schilders
Eindhoven University of Technology
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Building HG, room 8.37
PO Box 513 5600
Phone: +31651892525 or +31402475518/2753
More information about the conference can be found on the official conference website: http://www.taosciences.it/ecmi2014
Shareholders are invited to attend the annual meeting of the Association Angelo Marcello Anile, which will take place in the classroom Anile of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Viale A. Doria n. 6, Friday, Nov. 2 at 20, as the first call;
If the quorum won’t be reached, the meeting will take place on Friday, November 8, 2013 at 15.30 in Aula Anile as second call to discuss the following
- Report on the implementation of the fiscal year 2012-2013
- Proposed amendment to the notice of the Prize Anile Prize
- Discussion and approval of the economic and financial Actual 2012-2013
- Discussion and approval of the Budget 2013-2014
- Consider proposals for activities to be undertaken in fiscal year 2013-2014
- Any other business